What did we learn from him?
We invited the famous Italian chef Matteo De Carli to a barbecue - we wanted to know how the best grill. The result surprised us! Simple combinations, a few quality ingredients and in a few minutes it was ready.
- Don't wait to surprise your guests with the barbecue: Before we even got the grill hot, Matteo made a five-minute salmon carpaccio with lemon, herbs and red Kampot pepper. It totally blew us away and satiated our first hunger long enough to hold us over till the main course 😊
- Just a few high-quality ingredients: Matteo then started to put an unusual combination on the grill - octopus, juicy chicken steak, large chunks of potatoes, vegetables and garlic - all seasoned with only high-quality salt and Kampot pepper.
- Homemade sauce: ditch the store-bought sauces and make your own in advance - perhaps from freeze-dried Kampot pepper - it's so good the ladies tried it with watermelon. It's good for dipping just about anything! Matteo reduced it with slivovice (Czech plum brandy), so the resulting taste was more than surprising.
- Freshness: just meat is not enough! Make a fresh salad with strawberries as a base, then put the veggie and meat options on top according to your guests' preferences. Because when you're grilling simply and with fresh ingredients, all you need is the final flavour, which is cherry on top- like freshly ground pepper on whatever you're putting on the grill.
- Flavour combinations: Sweet, salty, sour, bitter - combine flavours, don't separate! That's why a vegetable salad with sweet fruit on top works great, why guests melt over ice cream that you unexpectedly grind fresh red pepper on - any extra flavor in a dish takes it to the next level - don't be afraid to experiment and you'll be the master chef of all barbecues!