Sustainability has recently become a concept that resonates with society on a large scale. Some companies use it only as PR, others because they have to, and then there are those who see the right direction in sustainability and have been fully committed to it since the days when sustainability was not just a sexy concept. .pepper..field falls into that third and final category and we are proud to do so. With our approach to trade, packaging, but above all work with Kampot pepper, we believe that sustainability is the way to operate.
The cultivation of this type of pepper is bound by a number of rules, thanks to which we are sure that this agricultural activity leaves only a minimal ecological footprint. Our goal is always to strive to keep our footprint as low as possible. This starts from the very beginning of the pepper journey,when we buy the pepper directly from farmers without any traders, which gives us absolute control over the environmental impact of our business.
- Packaging - our products and the packaging itself always use ecological materials, or such materials that you can reuse for other purposes around your house. We have the boxes recycled from a workshop employing those with special needs, they are tailor-made to fit the products exactly without wasting any additional space. If you do happen to find bubble wrap in the gift box, it is only because such an extremely expensive gift set, which is handmade from local artisan specialising in glass and wood, is first wrapped in tissue paper making it very fragile. Therefore, for its safe delivery, we add this layer of bubble protection. We ask you all the more - don't throw away your packaging, rather take a moment to contemplate a way to reuse it as we do and enjoy its use in future packages! ☺
- Circulation - the best thing that can happen to us is that you will continue to use all components from the package. Do not throw away the boxes, reuse the bubbles, donate the booklet after reading, refill the doypack bags with something good and fill the glass tubes with our pepper and keep them forever! The gift box will beautifully serve as a smart helper for storing smaller things in the kitchen ☺
- Ecology - do you like glass that lasts longer in your kitchen? Or do you prefer bags because you like to compost? We also offer such variations.
- Choice - In addition to choosing from several types of pepper packaging, we also offer a variety of options in how your pepper package arrives to you, thereby making the package footprint towards you as environmentally-friendly as possible. If you want to send a package "naked" without a brochure and leaflets, no problem! If, on the other hand, you want a more beautiful gift package so that you don't have to repack, we will fulfill your wishes as well!
- Location - Once we get the peppercorns in our hands, we do everything we can to keep their carbon footprint to a minimum. That is why we pack them in such materials that are sourced and made locally. Our test tubes are from expert local glassmakers, a box hand-assembled in Polička, doypack bags from a traditional printer, boxes from a local workshop which employs those with special needs, gift bags are also assembled locally ☺ Could it be even better?